Thursday, January 30, 2020

dreams

I dreamt I met a man. He wasn't particularly attractive or remarkable. We walked back to my mothers house and went down to the basement where a large mattress filled up most of the room across from a television set. I lay down on the mattress as though we were going to watch a movie and then the scene changed to black and suddenly I was upstairs now in the lving room, lying on a hospital cot. My mother was hovering above me with a doctor in a long white coat. Timur was also in the room with us. I caught a glimpse of the man slinking away as I awoke. I felt drugged and sluggish as they told me I'd had sex with the man in the basement and that I had lost a lot of blood. It was then I looked down and saw the red stains all around my thighs, between my legs. They said they weren't sure what the problem was. My first thought was to feel ashamed that I had slept with this man. I saw Tim and wondered what he must think of me- of my questionable taste in partners. After the immediate shame came a sudden realization that I had no recollection of ever having slept with the man. In fact I could remember nothing beyond going downstairs to the basement and sitting down on the mattress. I struggled to piece it together and remembered that the man had brought me on some sort of silver platter cookies which I immediately ate. Between eating the cookies and waking up in the bloody cot everything was pitch black. It dawned on me that he had drugged me. That I had been unconcious. Oddly this gave me great relief, the knowing that I hadn't willingly slept with him. I wanted them to all know it hadn't been my choice. The room was oddly calm. The doctor explained that perhaps because I'd been unconscious and unabale to communicate during our intercourse my pain or discomfort, the man had unwittingly ruptured something, perhaps damaged some organs. He later suggested the possibility that perhaps I'd been pregnant and the intercourse had caused me to miscarry.

No comments:

Post a Comment